Members over 16 years are encouraged to nominate a person(s) to receive their credit union property in the event of their death. The maximum amount you can nominate is €23,000. This means that on your death, your savings will not form part of your estate and can be distributed without delay to the person(s) you have named on your Nomination Form.
As a Nomination overrides a Will, we encourage members to complete a Nomination and keep it up to date.
You can update your Nomination any time at Roscommon Credit Union in Roscommon, Elphin and Strokestown.
- Members under 16 years are not eligible to complete a Nomination Form.
- A member cannot nominate an Officer of Roscommon Credit Union unless that person is a member of the Officer’s family.
- The Nomination is valid up to a limit of €23,000. Any amount above €23,000 becomes part of the member’s estate.
- The member can at any time change their Nomination by completing a new Nomination Form. Any previous Nomination will automatically be cancelled.
- A Nomination overrides a Will so its important to have one and keep it up to date.
- The marriage of a member of Roscommon Credit Union cancels any Nomination made by him/her before his/her marriage. This applies even if the same person is to be nominated.
- A Nomination shall be cancelled by the death of the Nominee before the death of the Nominator.
- The form of Nomination must be made at the registered office of Roscommon Credit Union during the Nominator’s lifetime.
Once Roscommon Credit Union’s Board of Directors receives satisfactory proof of death of the member, the account and monies will be processed.
To fill in a Nomination Form call in to our offices in Roscommon, Elphin and Strokestown with Photographic ID.